The Taylor 314ce is a solid Grand Auditorium with excellent top-end response and a natural, direct tone. The 314ce's sapele back and sides have a warm, full body, with a bell-like sparkle and broad dynamic range thanks to a Sitka spruce top. You also get Taylor's revolutionary V-Class bracing, which boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the instrument by creating a more synergistic response from the soundboard. The 314ce's ES2 electronics provide convenient and natural-sounding amplification for the stage and studio with discreet tone and volume controls to help you shape your sound.
V-Class Bracing: a sonic revelation
Bracing is the internal framework of an acoustic guitar that helps shape its sound. Although X-bracing has been standard in acoustic guitars for over a century, it creates an innate conflict between two key elements of a guitar’s sound: volume and sustain. The guitar's top (its soundboard) contributes to both. The flexibility of the top generates volume (projection), while its stiffness generates sustain. And with X-braced guitar tops, here's where the trade-off comes in: when something is made stiffer, its flexibility is reduced (and vice versa).
V-Class bracing changes all that. With Taylor's V-Class bracing, an acoustic guitar top can be both stiff and flexible — for more volume and sustain. V-Class bracing provides stiffness parallel to the strings for more rigidity and hence sustain. Flexibility on either side generates the air movement necessary for robust projection. It's the best of both worlds. This groundbreaking innovation also improves intonation; not only producing notes that are louder and with longer sustain — but more in tune with each other.
Taylor 314ce Features:
- Sitka spruce/satin sapele pairing balances warmth and sparkle
- Grand Auditorium body style delivers exceptional high-end response
- V-Class bracing boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases sustain, and improves intonation
- Venetian cutaway gives access to higher frets
- Ebony fingerboard is fast and articulate
- Dot inlays impart a sophisticated look
- Satin finish with gloss top offers protection and good looks
- Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics provide natural sound reproduction and a full dynamic response
- Balanced output for noise-free amplification